Sunday 1 July 2012

Barrenjoey Lighthouse at Palm Beach in Sydney

Not feeling inspired to write tonight but I thought these pics I took today might be of some interest.

The whales are heading north and yesterday Spanner and Miss Hissy jumped on a whale watching boat captained by a friend and went outside the heads at Sydney Harbour. They saw around a dozen humpbacks - not all together but in pods of two and three - heading towards warmer waters. I don't blame them. It's bloody freezing in Sydney. I'd like to join them.

I don't have photos of whales because the ones taken by The Hiss aren't that impressive, even though the whales were around 25 metres from the yacht.

Instead, I've popped up the photos I took today when Spanner and I walked to Barrenjoey Lighthouse at Palm Beach.

The weather was temperamental - sunny and warm one minute, cloudy and cold the next. Invigorating.

I hope you enjoy them. I will endeavour to bring the dog back into the conversation this coming week. She's muttered wise words that need to be recorded for posterity.



Barrenjoey Lighthouse

Palm Beach left and Pittwater right
Here's a couple more to whet your appetite for the beautiful part of the world that's 40 winding kilometres from Sydney's CBD.

We saw a lot of these pretty flowers on the walk

Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club at Newport



No comments: